« Whats still left to dotub and exterior wall »

The House Project...

04/24/07

  08:01:04 pm by Vincent The Dragon, Categories: The House Project

I am not sure how to go about the format for this blog - it may change -
Background ----->
The images start with some outside shots, you can see that i cut away large sections of the 'siding' that was on the house to get at the structure, temporarily put back up until we decided what to do next.

[evo_gallery]864447751224271[/evo_gallery]

The entire back 1/4 of the house needed to have the floor, sub-floor, and all floor joists replaced and also some of the wall members them selfs had some damage - This meant cutting away the siding and the dry wall and lifting the house off the foundation to replace the sole plate and the joists. after the structure was fixed, temporary plywood was put up and covered in plastic until i could move onto the rest of the project and we decided what to do.
The siding is a discontinued and recalled product and we were Well outside the range to get settlement from the class action...

No feedback yet


Form is loading...

September 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      
 << <   > >>
So heres the story...mom took care of me for a long time when i was struggling with Crohn's. This is her house, and over the years it kind of got a bit run down and was lacking in some much needed upgrades. We knew for sure that there was some real issues with the house when the back bedroom floor fell away from the baseboard 5 inches and you could punch to the outside world! The structure of the house was compromised by termite damage and water damage cause by a drainage issue and the previous owner letting a massive leak behind the washer go un-controlled. I don't have the early pictures - i wish i did - as the back bedroom had to have the entire floor, sub floor, and all the floor joists replaced. the 'siding' of the house is little more than crushed paper and retains water something terrible. The remodel includes replacing the siding, upgrading the wiring(the damn breaker box was on the outside of the house), gutters, soffets, insulation upgrades, 1/4 of the floor joists in the house replaced, totally gutting the bathroom, building a new kitchen, replacing all the doors and windows...So yeah its been a bit more that i can handle both fintually and i seem to be the only one actually working on the damn thing...but i am getting there.

Search

  XML Feeds

Open-source blog